APPLICATION PROCESS FOR EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITIES AND INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
► STUDENT MOBILITY
• Student mobility in college education is understood as the participation of a student in an educational program at a foreign higher education institution.
• Student mobility varies in its purpose and outcomes and may include central or optional parts of the resume.
• A student obtains various benefits in the academic environment, such as access to a greater range of learning and study opportunities in the desired field. The benefits also include the improvement of language skills and the possibility for the student to broaden his horizons by interacting with different cultures and societies.
► REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
• Letter of Recommendation from the Dean of the Academic Unit.
• Confirmation of courses to take abroad, approved by the Academic Coordinator of the degree.
• Be a full-time student.
• Have an academic record (at least 25% advancement of the degree).
• Not having been disciplined by the Polytechnic Council or Disciplinary Court.
• Do not owe ESPOL.
• Other requirements specified by the host university.
► HOW TO APPLY?
1.- You must choose the university where you want to carry out your academic stay
• Check out our database with information about available universities and careers.
• Choose a maximum of 3 application options.
• Then check the website of your chosen university to verify that the courses they offer are suitable for you.
2.- Obtain the approval of subjects to take
• Choose the subjects to take at the host university (minimum3, maximum5).
• The contents of the subjects abroad, you can request them at email@example.com; with this material, you can make an appointment with the academic coordinator of your degree.
• Ask your career coordinator for a comparative content analysis and approval of homologation. For this, both must sign the academic recognition commitment form.
3.- Request your nomination to your respective Academic Unit
• Submit the application for a nomination letter assessed under the Student Application Form.
• Mobility application form.
• Academic recognition commitment form.
• Certificate of being a full-time student.
• Certificate of conduct.
• Certificate of Not Having Debt with ESPOL.
• Copy of passport.
• Other specific requirements of the chosen University, foreign language certificate, forms, motivation letter, etc.
4.- Wait for your answer
• The Academic Unit notifies the International Relations Management of your recommendation for the mobility program to which you applied.
• Within the stipulated dates, the International Relations Management officially presents your application to the destination university.
• The host university will confirm, by means of an acceptance letter, that they can receive you as a student of the desired Program.
5.- Prepare your stay abroad
• Review the need for visas, permits and medical certificates necessary for your stay in the country of destination.
• Keep in touch with Management about any questions or queries that may arise.
It is advisable to apply one semester in advance.
• In the Excel document of Information on Available Universities, you will be able to see the maximum application dates according to the selected period.
• It is not possible to cancel subjects with request, due to academic exchange, choose wisely the exchange period in which you wish to travel.
If you present more than one option of programs or destinations, each one must go with its respective set of documents.
• It is possible to apply to up to three universities.
In case the acceptance letter is denied, you can look for new options or postpone the process if you wish.
► SCHOLARSHIP FOR ACADEMIC MOBILITY
The mobility agreements cover only academic expenses, the rest of the stay expenses must be covered by the student.
ESPOL has a Regulation of Scholarships for Academic Mobility, which contemplates the allocation of funds to the different academic units so that they can grant scholarships to their students and motivate them to carry out their stays abroad.
• Submit request to the Dean of the Unit
• Have admission to a foreign institution
• Attach resume
The allocation of amounts will depend on several factors, as established in the Reglamento 4339
► HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
1.- Submit your request
• Request financial support under the Scholarship Application Form.
• Attach the acceptance letter issued by the host University and your resume.
2.- Wait for the answer. - Scholarship applications follow a process established under Reglamento 4339, once there is a response to your request, it will be notified via email.
► FOR THE INCOMING EXCHANGE PROGRAM, FOREIGN STUDENTS CAN APPLY TO ALL OUR MAJORS, PRESENTING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION:
• Nomination letter / mail from your home institution
• Application form
• Motivation letter
► FOR MORE INFORMATION:
• Phone: 04-2269143
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Facebook: Relaciones Internacionales ESPOL
• Website: www.internationalrelations.espol.edu.ec